Friday, June 02, 2006

Nakama Yukie

Can you guess what Gokusen and The Ring have in common? They are both Japanese? Yes, that will do. But what's more interesting is the fact that they feature the same actress as central persona. Gokusen (the jdorama) and The Ring 0 have Miss Nakama Yukie. That must have been the reason why I considered that her face was familiar. That may also be the reason why I became an avid fan of Gokusen for the last week of my summer vacation! Now that I have blurted out my mental processes, I should be courageous to admit that she's my crush. Yes, she is. I know what you're thinking! Joel's watching Gokusen just because the lead character is pretty. That may be true but I also love the story. It is about a class adviser who vowed to remain so until all the members of her class do graduate. It's a challenge because her class is full of stereotypically bad or "mischievous" students. Undeniably, she has the heart, just like her students. Where would you find a teacher who's ready to let his own heart bleed to death for the sake of his students? Don't answer me Great Teacher Onizuka. He's an exception. What more can I say? I try to stay rational but merely watching Gokusen makes my heart jump!

No comments: