Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Reality Bites

This was my exact feeling during the first day of enrollment, June 6, 2006. Windell L. Rivera, an instructor at UP Diliman, rejected my request to get to him as my thesis adviser. His reason was that he already has seven advisees and one more (me, in this case), would make things hard for him. I don't blame him. I should've talked to him at an earlier date, such as during the second semester or summer break, or even as early as last year's the first semester. Thus, the event was not an unexpected one. Mr. Rivera was still nice even though he didn't accept my application. He suggested me to pursue Elena S. Catap. She's involved with immunology (i.e. virus). He said immunology is based on techniques from microbiology. Well, I hope that he's correct. I'll go back to UP tomorrow and try getting Ms. Catap as my thesis adviser.

No comments: