Sunday, December 03, 2006

Marathon: 3rd of 15 parts

Toothworks and the toothsmith; Saliva spills

My teeth has been adjusted for at least 2 years. Wisdom teeth, along with other strategically located teeth were removed due to lack of space. This has improved the look of my teeth set substantially. Before, as my mother has noted, my mouth was always open. Even if she has only just reminded me to keep my mouth closed, I would open in the instant that I forgot the instruction. The effort should be conscious so as to be effective. Cracked teeth were also improved by pasta (not the Italian food). Recently, my braces were replaced with retainers.

The toothsmith is EVM. She's skilled. Yeah right. She has been a friend of my mother for a long time. They were like so before my birth, maybe even before my parents were married to one another. I'd call her more of an associate rather than a friend of my mother. She charges exorbitant fees on the toothworks. Shucks! If only I could reveal the amount my parents spent on my teeth. (We are not rich and could have spent the money on more practical things. But my father and mother value their children having good smiles. This makes me guilty every time I do not smile. I say to myself: "Joel, you should maximize your teeth by smiling.") I feel better, just a little better, now that my face looks nicer because of my improved bite.

Last Tuesday, I was eager at removing the scales of betilya, a fish. I was using my nails in removing the scales without any gloves, almost one by one, with the help of AMF of course. In the process, my saliva spilled and dropped to my pants. (I was sitting on the table of our group's workstation with my legs crossed; I in an Indian sit position.) Most of my group mates saw it and I was embarrassed, but not too much because the incident happened during a string of fun stories and chat. I would have wanted to tell them that because I was new at wearing my retainers, so I wasn't able to control my saliva as much as I would have wanted to. The day ended with me not learning much, my hands full of the fishy smell of fish. But the lab class was sure fun!

No comments: