Friday, December 08, 2006

Marathon: 9th of 15 parts

Getting slim; Fitness; Tripped @ bus stop

I will get slim. This is for me, for my fitness. This is for my current family, so that when I am healthy, I decide better for all of us. This is for my stint in Medicine, so that it will be better than what I have achieved in Biology.

November 28, 2006 (Tuesday). I hurried to school so that I would have time tracing my drawings in Bio 151 and also so that I will have enough time to study, just in case that we will have a quiz. I arrived at the Institute of Biology about 45 minutes ahead of time that day. Tracing my drawings to enhance them took about 30 minutes so I had about 15 minutes left to study. We had a short quiz (#1) but it was easy. It's about differentiating innate and acquired immunity. I should not have hurried my way to school after all.

Tripped. I tripped on the same Tuesday because of the aforementioned reasons. I was walking (striding) very fast, with my upper body to the right of the base of my body. and when I reached Macro, just when my long fast walking was about to end, I suddenly tripped. My body was not able to support itself anymore because of the large amount of strain I applied to it. I should not have done that (hurrying to school). It took me about 5 days to recover. The next day, Wednesday, I decided not to go to school (to weigh fish feeds for my thesis and to attend a seminar on malaria) because of my sore right foot. I should have decided to continue going because the next day, I was not allowed to weigh fish feeds because it was a holiday and I did not have any permit to work in IB (more details in Marathon: 2nd of 15 parts).

Looking back, it was all about making time to fix my things in the evening, even just before I hit the sack. It’s funny that my father now concurrently reminds me to walk like the World Pool Champion (2006), Ronnie Alcano. I answer him back with "Soft break."

No comments: