Friday, December 08, 2006

Marathon: 8th of 15 parts

Channel 2 and my mother; Inocente De Ti

Channel 2 is what we watch at home. Correction: Channel 2 is what my mother watches at home. I am somewhat disappointed with my mother for her addiction to it. Previously, I understood her since we did not have cable TV. But now, I cannot and refuse to understand her anymore. So what does Joel have against the particular network?
1. Formula-based content (TV shows, commercials, news reporting).
2. Biased politically, always on the safe side.
3. Boring. Always the same things being shown fundamentally.
4. Makes fun of the ignorance of Filipinos, presses on their poverty (Wowowee).
5. Nonsense news.

On the bright side, there is Inocente De Ti. The lead female character is attractive. The story is basically about a poor woman who gets to be the heir of a millionaire through adoption. This allows her to become closer to the guy with which she has an infatuation. Stories like these fit people like me. For one, there are times when I am dreamy. In fact, I daydream and nightdream and nightmare a lot.

No comments: