Monday, December 04, 2006

Marathon: 4th of 15 parts

Poetry; Blogging: I want to remember

My blog started as a collection of personal poems; all of them have some reference to an object of infatuation (http://privatejoel.blogspot.com/). More than words contained therein lay ideas and emotions I felt strongly about during particular years of my life. As it is hard to hold on to them in my memory (as I worry much about other things), I unconsciously decided that it would be convenient to have a blog. And so I continued what I started and this blog (http://rationaljoel.blogspot.com/) would be the continuation of the first one. Most of the essays are based on my experiences, while the others contain my opinions on issues which I deemed important.

"I want to remember." That is my long term goal. I want to remember them all, if not all of the details then parts of them would be fine. Joy, laughter, bliss and sadness, sorrow, fear. "What was I thinking?" and "How did my mind operate?" The blogs would answer these questions in the future, with clarity. Only I could delete it (them), other than a crafty hacker or a stealthy traitor. That's all.

No comments: